Tuesday 14 December 2010

After My Feeble Attempt At Putting Up A Few Hundred Christmas Lights,

I have to hand it to the the Faucher family in Delaware, who beat me hands down,
they put up over a million Christmas lights!
I will not get into the argument whether the house decked out like this is in good or bad taste, but I have to admire the amount of work that must have gone into planning all of the lights,

the history of lights at Christmas goes back to the time Christians were persecuted for celebrating mass, a lit candle in a window was a secret signal that a mass was taking place, lights were first placed on Christmas trees in Germany in the 1500s, from there the tradition of lighted trees migrated to the UK and on to North America, enter the electric age and here we are now.

No comments: