Tuesday 23 May 2017

I Normally Start My Day With A Coffee To Liven Me Up,

and here is a coffee to really liven me up!


Kopi joss, or charcoal coffee, starts off as regular coffee in the Indonesian city of Yogyakarta, ground coffee and four spoons of sugar are poured into a glass, and them boiling water is added, then you place a lump of red hot charcoal with tongs into the glass as well, 

some of those who have tried this unique type of coffee claim that it tastes the same as regular java, others claim that it has a slight taste of caramel, because the hot coal burns the sugar added to the coffee, You’ll just have to try it for yourself to find out, a glass will set you back just 4,000 rupiah (¢30),

and will it wake me up like regular coffee? I guess it depends how hot the charcoal is when it touches my lips!


No comments: