Wednesday 19 July 2017

We Had A Quiet Day,

so I spent some time playing with some of the infrared pictures I took whilst Diana was in the Philippines,


taking a picture with the camera I have had converted to take infrared pictures they come out of the camera looking like this in RAW format, I take both JPEG and RAW images, out of interest this is a JPEG Vs Raw article

then by manipulating the colours and using a faux colour swapping program I can produce a slightly different looking picture like this one above, the advantage of using RAW is that it records much more detail and texture amongst other things than JPEG pictures which you can then enhance during processing them,

 also it gives a great platform to experiment with other ways to view and print the image you have taken, although it must be said you can achieve this using a JPEG, but would lack much of the detail and texture that you can see in the RAW image,

 you can even give you pictures a old look which can be very effective, 

particularity when used with people, giving an antique feel to the picture, this picture is just 3 or so months old,

 going back to the original pictures this is the same picture being given a really wild and psychedelic look,

 another finished picture,

 again using a different mask in the NIK Collection Silver Effects Pro, a different look can be given to the what was a coloured picture,

 and using the same program give the picture the antique look,

and from the NIK Collection a different program, Vivesa to give the wild look, all great fun as far as I am concerned, the camera I use is a Lumix DMC GX8 with 12-60mm lens, I had the camera converted to take infrared pictures at Protech Photographic in Uckfield, Sussex, UK. who were more than very helpful, and no I am not on commission, I will add pictures that I have taken in and around Pattaya, Thailand, every few days, please feel free to comment or if you have any questions please ask away, but I am not an expert, just someone that has discovered the fascination of infrared photography,

after our evening meal we watched a few episodes of Bargain Hunt, and for the main feature Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992), it was sort of OK, but not one to watch again, we rounded off the evening with a few from Tipping Point and with that we were off to bed.


No comments: