Wednesday 20 June 2018

I Know Winter Is A Long Way Off,

but when I saw these pictures,


 I thought what a great idea for a winter's walk, if you live in colder regions, 

 to take a camera with you and record ice and snow in puddles and pools that you may come across,

which is what Japanese photographer Ryota Kajita did,

he has captured the strange ice patterns of Alaska’s interior swamps and ponds for the last eight years as a part of his Ice Formations series, 

 “Photography enables me to pay attention to those moments and subjects, take time to observe them and help me to understand my surroundings more intimately, through photographs, nature reveals its subtle beauty to me. In the Ice Formations series, I hope to share these transient and small creations of nature with others.”

the images above are from the series are included in a group exhibition at the Mt. Rokko Photographeric Garden through July 30, 2018, You can see more of the Alaska-based photographer’s explorations on Facebook and Instagram, so next time Jack Frost pays a visit and you fancy a walk, take the camera!


No comments: