Saturday 13 August 2016

We Have Always Thought About,

going on a railway journey,


 on say The Grand Orient Express which was one of the most luxurious trains in the world when it began service, created in 1883 by Compagnie Internationale des Wagons-Lits (CIWL),

 the once majestic train now lies rotting in a trainyard in Belgium,

 for what ever reason it did not pay to keep it going, and was sidelined here in 2009,

which seems such a shame, Brian of Preciousdecay Photography who took the pictures comments, 'when I step into an abandoned site it feels like stepping into a time machine. I try to feel the emotions of it’s past and that is what I want to show in my pictures, when people are looking at my work and raise a question about the “what, why, when” then I feel I have succeeded.' for us it is just a shame that we will never travel on The Grand Orient Express.


No comments: