Saturday 24 March 2018

I Was Nearly First In The Queue,

to submit Diana's and her parents TM 30,


 there were only 8 people in front of me,

 in about 45 minuets it was my turn, the lady looked at my visa, then Diana's visa, then the previous TM 30's and asked if they, Diana, Mum and Dad had left Thailand, I replied no, the officer then said if you do not leave Thailand you do not need to renew your TM 30, I replied that I was told by the other officer just a few weeks ago that if you go to say Bangkok for just one night you need a new TM 30, she relied, in her exact words, 'I do not know why they say that' so I was out and on my way, the only problem being if you meet the other officer doing say a 90 day check in, would she then say we had not renewed our TM 30s? a classic case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand has done! on a serious note the TM 30 form, whilst well intended does seem to be a complete shambles, with officers sitting next to each other in the same office interpreting the rules in totally different ways, 

 on to the evening, the weekend end night market,

 on Thepprasit Road,

 new for this week, 'normal' looking walking, barking toy puppies,

 cloudy skies,

 looking towards Jomtien,

 the same looking inland,

 the fruit seller making his rounds,

 opposite the bar tonight, a stall selling pillows and one selling shoes,

 the steelwork has come on a pace, now well past the Monkey Shake stall,

 the new steel looking like it has been used a few times before,

 on the old section the concrete roof or base of the carpark seems to have been finished,

 I made my way past the fruit stall,

 it looks like the marian plum season is about to start,

 lots of customers in the pet section,

 concrete now covers this car ramp,

 I am guessing the supports will soon be removed,

 I made my way past the pet stall, we still have plenty of food for the cats,

 the ramp at the other end now has its top coat with anti skid lines in it,

 sunset over the market,

 and here is a treat, strawberries, 100 baht a bag, so I bought a bag

 I was tempted by the kebabs, 

 and other food on sticks,

 but I had my instructions,

 there was so much food on offer,

 and tempted though I was,

 this is where I was going,

 the baked in a pot of honey stall, for some chicken,

 and spare ribs,

 also now just coming into season durian,

 I made my way past the spinning bar-b-qued fish,

 and the ever busy sushi stall,

 and made my way uphill,

 to the bar where Jim was seated, Brian joined us as well, and we chatted the night away, 

 arriving home it was time for our feast,

they call the cooking method baked in a pot of honey, I do not know if that is actually the case, but the ribs and the chicken certainly tasted nice, after our meal I popped outside as Barry was calling by, we chatted for a few hours, then after saying our farewells it was feet up for Pirates of the Caribbean, this episode titled, Dead Men Tell No Tales, and for us great fun it was too, and with that we were off to bed.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?

I'm hoping to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
Would you advise starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out
there that I'm completely overwhelmed .. Any tips?
Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep
it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back in the
future. Cheerswholesale NHL jerseys