Thursday 9 October 2008

A night on the Town!

Shooters, Maureen's and Champions,
Diana, all dressed up and ready to go!

looking towards Walking Street from Soi 17, Shooters is situated in the narrow part of the Soi just past the 7 -11 on the right,
on the other side of the road looking towards Pattaya Tai,
and towards Jomtien,
greeted at the door by Russ (AKA Tatters)
Russ in full party mode!
and by Manfred inside,
whilst there Jay and Pricil called in for a few drinks,
the Diamond Beach Hotel that Soi Diamond is named after,
first bar on the left, Heavens Above,
a view of the right side of Soi Diamond,

now into Walking Street looking right,

and left,

we turned left and walked towards the upstairs go-go's Polo and Galaxy, the Galaxy is noted for having a troupe of European only dancers, I have not been there myself but have heard that it can be quite entertaining, just opposite that is Maureen's bar where you are always welcome, a great place for "people watching" if you sit near the front,
Diana and myself,

Diana, myself, Maureen and Nick, strange thing is there must be hundreds of photographs on the back wall, but only one of me catching a fish with a previous girlfriend, yes, you have guessed it! in a matter of nano seconds Diana, laughing, points at the picture and calls me in Tagalog an "ugly monkey" we then walked in to Champion ago-go to say Hi! to Juu the owner,

on the way back we stopped at the bug cart, I can not say I like them myself, more like a passage of rights, your partner has great fun in making you try them when you are out here,

Jimminy Crickets!

scorpions on the left, caterpillars on the right,

more bugs and dried eels,

oh the agony of choice!

this is a seriously busy food cart with 3 burners!

chicken leg for me,

Diana paying for the food,

some boiled sweet corn,

and some fresh fruit,

then time to go home, looking across from the food carts to the Marine Plaza.

No comments: