Saturday 15 May 2010

We Had A Lazy Day Today,

Diana was getting her virtual farm up to date, then a blast from the past, Blazing Saddles, more fun to watch if you are with a lot of friends, bit it still brought a smile or two watching it again, it seems strange to think that when I first watched it in a cinema I was 25 or so years old, crikey 35 years ago!
we watched some more TV during the day, then off to Thepprisit market,
Diana was a bit thirsty, so first stop the coconut juice stall, it was still a bit early, so the earring stall was not fully loaded yet,
but the mobile phone stall was nearly stocked,
the buildings behind the market have been repainted,
the fresh fruit seller can still drive through the isles, but not for much longer as more people arrive,
the space behind the bar was empty again this week with no special promotions,
another car in pink for Diana,
only one new orchid this week,
and nice it was too,
Diana had bought a hair band which she insisted I try on, it would have looked better if I had some hair!
we then bumped into John and Tony, unfortunately we were just leaving, but hopefully we will all be here again next week,
more lychee's, but this time a bit bigger, as John said it was strange seeing them in life and then here they are on the blog!
after our dessert we settled down to watch 3:10 to Yuma, I did not see any fanfare when this movie came out, but for me it was one of the better westerns in recent years, the story is of a small-time rancher who agrees to hold a captured outlaw who's awaiting a train to go to court in Yuma, a battle of wills ensues as the outlaw tries to psych out the rancher, great stuff, also as far as I can see a much underrated movie, then The Return of Sherlock Holmes, The Bruce-Partington Plans, Sherlock's brother Mycroft enlists his younger sibling to locate missing patent plans that pertain to a strategically critical state-of-the-art submarine, a great way to round off the evening, then to bed,
but first to anonymous, you do me an injustice, I have published more of your posts than I have rejected, as I mentioned before I do not put any thing that I consider in bad taste as it is a family blog, also as far as the indiscretion is concerned it is up to them, it is not for me to comment on how one should live and by what moral code you should aspire to, as I asked you yesterday, also some of my friends before, do you have a blog? we would all like to see it, but many thanks for the info regarding my spelling and English, but in truth I think you should remember the quote 'you can not teach an old dog new tricks!' but I will try! sleep tight!

3 comments:

Candice said...

What a beautiful market!

Sorry you are getting rude comments, people are always so brave when posting anonomously!

Anonymous said...

Cannot is one word, not two.

Candice, you're almost as bad as Stan. The word is anonymously

PattayaStan said...

Dear Candice, you are so right, I keep asking to see if the one called anonymous has a blog, but I guess he does not, probably he can not stand the public humiliation if he makes a mistake! best regards, Stan and Diana.