Saturday 23 April 2011

After A Late Breakfast,

Jay and Precil called round,
so we chatted the afternoon away,
then to the Friday market, we both walked along different aisles, but Diana saw me first,
nothing new opposite the bar this week,
and who should be there? none other than Bill, we chatted about marine aquariums as he is in the process of setting one up, as I was talking one of the ladies handed me a beer, so I had to have that before walking around the market,
the piggy bank stall was here again,
with cute looking sausage dogs,
also new this week was a stall selling model racing cars, unlike Scalextric tracks and cars where you speed up on the straights and slow down on the bends to keep the cars on the tracks, here the cars can not fall off, they have side wheels to keep them on track, the challenge is to make the car as light and fast as possible, but you have to weigh that against the weight of batteries, which makes the car heavier, I have seen these race before, albeit on a much larger track, hopefully next week it will be running when I call by,
then more animals, these for aquarium decoration,
another new stall, this one selling nail products,
well I know Diana loves painting her nails, so I had to buy a few jars of nail varnish for her,
carefully pass the boiling oil,
I always say it, having boiling oil on the corner like this to me always seems so unsafe, but I guess the owner knows best as it is here every week,
Diana back from the first shopping expedition with some fresh fruit,
after Bill left, Geoff arrived, so we had to have a beer and a chat,
then home for Diana to try her different varnishes,
gold and blue first,
next silver and blue,
then covered with a clear glitter coat,
such patience,
looking good, Diana tried various other colors over the next hour or so, then after an evening meal of beef stew,
we settled down to watch more than a few episodes of Last of the Summer Wine, the series is the world's longest-running sitcom, the show's pilot was broadcast in early 1973, and thirty series followed until the program's cancellation in 2010, as well as several Christmas specials, great fun, then for us, off to bed.

No comments: