Friday 25 November 2011

There Was Nothing That We Found Interesting, Amusing Or Just Plain Weird In The News Today,

so straight on with today's post,



 I popped round to see Phil, then we were off to Jack Levey's office on Pattaya Tai,


next stop to the Punch & Judy as Phil had not eaten breakfast yet, after dropping him at his home I went in search of some clear tape, I wanted to put a small piece on the corners of some of the pages in our stamp albums to keep the plastic covering sheets in place, so I stopped at, in order, a 7-11 another 7-11, a Family Mart, Tesco Lotus Express and another 7-11, there is a shortage of clear tape as not a single one had any, almost feeling like going home I tried one more Family Mart and was lucky, they also had some soda which again none of the other stores had, so home I went to continue playing with stamps,


 today I was updating the collection of non-stamps that commemorate annual stamp congress meetings,


the stamps can not be used for postage, they are printed as souvenirs for people that attend the congress,


the The Association of British Philatelic Societies, (ABPS) organises each year the Philatelic Congress of Great Britain, the first congress was held in Manchester in 1909, (I am still looking for an example of 1909 if any one has one), but the ones above are from the 1932 Brighton congress, both the blue and green are perforated, but for some reason the red is not, so far I have never seen a perforated red stamp for sale, Phil then called round for a drink and a chat, as I got up disaster struck,


I had not noticed a small nail sticking out of the coffee table at nearly floor level, as I went to fetch another drink I ran the side of my big toe across it and made a rather deep cut on the side of my toe, hobbling back from the kitchen with a pair of pliers the offending nail in the coffee table was removed, luckily so far it has stopped bleeding and I have put some antibacterial cream on it, after Phil left and our evening meal it was feet up, rather slowly for


Pandorum, two astronauts awaken in a hyper-sleep chamber aboard a seemingly abandoned spacecraft, it's pitch black, they are disoriented, and the only sound is a low rumble and creak from the belly of the ship, but some thing or some one is out to get them, nice twist at the end,


we have now started on Palin's adventure Around the World in 80 Days, thoroughly watchable both Diana and myself have enjoyed his journey so immensely, as each part of the journey finished we just had to watch the next so at nearly 02.00 in the morning we were off to bed.

No comments: