Wednesday 23 October 2013

Day Two With The Door,

after wedging and gluing the door panels,


 and adding a strip of steel,

 the door looked almost as it did before it swelled due to water splashing on it from the storms of the past few years, I know I should have varnished it earlier!

 I must get a small tin of darker brown paint for the metal strip,

 so on with the first coat of varnish,

 which was soaked up quiet quickly at the bottom of the door,

 so on with the second coat later in the day and Ta-Da!,

 not as good as new, but at least it was better than before as I can now at least close it and hopefully the varnish will stop it from swelling in the next rain storm,

 I had breakfast, 200 grams of smoked salmon, then for my evening meal it was off to the Punch and Judy,

bangers and mash with a glass of medicinal red wine, what could be better? 'Cheers!', I watched a few films in the afternoon, also Mark called by for a coffee and a chat,

the first film I watched was the 2013 Superman film Man of Steel, the special effects were as you might expect very special, well with an estimated budget of $225,000,000 you can bet they are going to be special!

followed by Oz the Great and Powerful, I guess the precursor of the Wizard of Oz, again another hugely expensive movie at an estimated cost of $215,000,000 it was so enjoyable with again the special effects so good, I just hope films like these do well so that more can be made with this quality that we can really believe in them, well almost,

to round the evening off Solomon Kane, vowing never to fight or kill again to save his soul he tries to save a kidnapped victim by a cult, to help her he must fight the devil to save his soul, lots of action and pretty gory in some places, but enjoyable never the less, then for me off to bed.


No comments: