Sunday 20 July 2014

First Thing,

I put some diesel in the truck,


 then on the bike to Friendship supermarket,

 work seems to have commenced on the building next door again,

 with workers erecting some bamboo scaffolding,

 next stop the flower shop, as we are eating at home tomorrow I thought a few flowers on the table would be a nice touch,

 one thing about flower shops out here, they all have a glass refrigerator to keep the flowers in otherwise in the heat out here they would last no time at all,

 next job for today, change some of the water in the aquariums, this is the easy one as it is plumbed in,

 I just hope the fish appreciate my efforts,

 this one is not plumbed in, so hoses in and out of the front door,

 Diana trimmed the stems, so we are all set for tomorrow,

 but on to tonight, starter of New Zealand mussels and garlic bread for our romantic candle lite bar-b-q,

 once again I must have done things right,

 the fire took in no time at all,

 with hardly any smoke,

 first items on the grill Diana's fish, my baked potato and a piece of pork, skin side down to make some crackling,

 to go with my pork chop,

Diana had catch of the day,

well the catch of the last time we went fishing,

 'Cheers!',

 and nice it was too,

 we had bought desserts in Friendship,

 a fruit cheese cake for Diana,

 and a slice of black forest gâteau" for me,

diet starts tomorrow! we chatted the night away listening to music,

we then went inside to round the evening off, there are some films that I like so much I just have to watch them over and over again, Sir Henry at Rawlinson End is one of them, this is what I wrote about it when we watched it before,

'what can one say about Sir Henry at Rawlinson End, not so much a black and white movie, more sepia toned, so many wonderful lines,

'If I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink,' 

sounds like me! the film is totally mad, Vivian Stanshall narrated and starred in the movie, as it happens I saw him live in The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, when they performed at the Goldsmiths Collage in New Cross, the film you will love or hate, I loved it, Diana fell asleep!'

now here a strange thing she fell asleep when we watched it again this time!


the one great thing about Sir Henry is that he combines his interests with a passion, take the still above from the movie, he takes three of his favourite vices, boats, a Purdey shotgun and his couple of drink optics placed on the side of the boat, what could possibly go wrong? again for me a great totally mad movie, I loved it! then at the end of the movie we were off to bed.


No comments: