Wednesday 12 November 2014

Although I Am Not In The Market For A New Full Sized Camera,

if I was I guess this would be the one to buy,


as it won a place in the Popular Photography's top 30 outstanding products of 2014, it is the Nikon D4s which boasts low noise all the way up to ISO 12,800, 11 fps bursts of up to 60 uncompressed 14-bit RAW files, and industry-leading AF tracking, video tops out at 1920x1080p 60 fps and comes with a variety of features, such as power aperture, that you won’t find in a lot of other DSLRs that capture video, the rugged, extensively weather-sealed magnesium-alloy body can withstand the worst shooting conditions out there, at $6,497 or £4,299.99 on Amazon for just the body you know it makes sense!


for myself I will stick to the camera I have, a Lumix DMC-FZ200 although some of its major features have already failed, some time ago the auto focus stopped working, when I switch the camera on I have to firstly zoom in and zoom out before it reluctantly focuses, the switch that I use to go from using the eye piece as opposed to the 3" screen has stopped so I can only use the big screen which of course drains the batteries life, not to mention that when we make a video the camera will not play the video back, we have to wait until we get home and can download the video on to our computer, plus 3 or 4 other functions that have stopped working, still I have to look at the good side, this is the first camera that I have used in the 7 or so years that we have been bloging that has lasted over 9 months without a total failure, I bought it in September 2013, but most, the 2 Sony's, the 3 other Panasonic's normally last just 5 or 6 months, all of the Nikons made 9 months each, so at 1 year and a couple of months the Lumix DMC-FZ200 which is still limping along is the winner!


as an aside if any camera manufactures are reading this can you please make a small camera that is designed to be used extensively not just taken out for holidays and special occasions? 

No comments: