Saturday 13 December 2014

I Had To Pop Out To The Bank,

but on the way I thought I would take a detour,


 to have a look and see what if anything was happening at the site of what once was the Harley bar, well it looks like work has begun,

 there is a crew there with a piling machine I guess it is, so it will be interesting to see what arises from the ashes,

 after popping into the bank I called in at the new aquatic outlet on Thepprasit Road, 


 it is almost opposite the bar we sit in on a Friday night at the weekend night market,


 inside the shop two charming members of staff were busy with maintenance on one of the aquariums,

 the shop is nicely laid out,

 with a range of aquariums for sale,

 plus of course a good selection of fish,

 in the centre of the shop there is a huge double sided aquarium, this side with goldfish,

and the other side with a display of marine fish,

 next to it a nicely made water feature,

 in a separate area there was a selection of marine fish,

 all spic and span,

 just as important as the fish,

the shop had a nicely stocked dry goods section,

 with just about every type of accessory you could imagine,

 at the rear of the shop aquatic plants were for sale,

 as well as aquariums waiting to be purchased,

also on display was a selection of invertebrates,

 with anemones,

 and other invertebrates for sale,

a last look at these three aquariums next to the packing station with it's cylinder of oxygen which is used when fish are purchased and transported, all in all a joy to look around, everything so neat and tidy, so if you keep fish or are thinking of having a home aquarium have a look here,


 we then went Christmas shopping starting at the Wat Chai Market,


 it is in Pattaya Tai near the temple and school at the intersection of Second Road,

 during the week we both received some great news,

 so rather than go to the market as we normally do on a Friday night we chose to celebrate and went to the Central festival instead,

 a quick pose outside,

 and Diana by one of the Christmas trees,

 we had booked a table for two,

 a quick stop at the escalator going down to the Edge restaurant, located on the 6th floor,

 naturally we had to start with a glass or three of bubbly,

 'Cheers!',

 there were so many starters to chose from,

 Diana chose some Thai dishes,

 I was tempted by the cold cuts,

 decision made,

 three prawns and some salmon,

 but what for the next course?

 the prawns and rock lobsters looked tempting,

 but I settled on the cold cuts, meanwhile Diana chose some more of the fish cooked in leaves,

 whilst looking at the cold cuts Diana noticed some pate so she tried some, 

 but could not walk past the desserts with out bring one back,


 on to our next course,

 the carvery and heated dishes,

 pizza for Diana and seafood from the grill for us to share,

 I chose salmon, beef and pork,

 'Cheers!' from me,

 on to the desserts,

 who can resist the chocolate fountain?

 but there were so many more desserts to chose from,

 not only ready made,

and so tempting,

 you could have your own dessert custom made,

 which was what Diana chose to do,

 the chef drizzles on chocolate,

 on to a hot plate,

 then rolls it into a crepe,

 adds ice cream and more chocolate,

 and hey presto, it is done,

one of the many attentive staff who kept my glass always topped up,

 for my dessert I chose brie and biscuits, so if you want a top class buffet on a Friday night I know we both recommend the Edge at the Hilton,

 there is also another restaurant to choose from, Flair,

we made our way back to the taxi rank outside Central, then home a nightcap and we were off to bed.


2 comments:

Karl said...

I really wonder how you manage to keep in shape with all that huge meals that I often see on your blog. Miss the times when I could eat all I wanted and still heard the " hello handsome man" calls. Could Diana share a secret with my wife ? Greetings from Austria to both of you.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Karl and Mary Ann, hello to you both, all I can say is that on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday I eat just a slice of pumpernickel with a ham, salmon, crab stick or egg mayonnaise topping in the morning and evening with fresh fruit in the afternoon and evening, then do not worry what I eat on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, also I do a 20 minuet workout every day in the mornings before breakfast except Sunday, but for me also gone are the days of 'hello handsome man', it is now 'hello grand papa!', best regards, Stan and Diana.