Wednesday 22 April 2015

We Had A Late Breakfast,

at 09.00 then we were off,


 for the start of our last full day on the island, so we decided to take a look at the viewpoint, beside the most probably photographed post box on the island,

 one of the many islands in the distance,

 so I had to take a picture of it with the camera in panoramic mode,

 a quick pose for some of the family,

 it was all a bit confusing for Daisy May, who though we were going to the beach as she had brought her floating ring along with her,

the observation tower at the entrance to the viewpoint,

  but soon we were all smiles as our taxi we had booked called back for us,

 and the information centre there sold ice creams,

 the taxi dropped us off at the Sea Bar,

 and as luck would have it the space in the shade under the tree was vacant,

 the beach was so quiet,

 I can not say we had the beach to ourselves at 10.00 in the morning, but the 6 of us, Mum and Dad had gone back to the hotel, tripled the number of tourists on it,

 so an ice coffee to start the day,

 my head was still so sore from the sunburn from yesterday, Diana put lots of aloe vera on it again, then covered my head with a few tissues, as you might have guessed just where I was sitting the sun shone through the leaves right on to the top of my head,

I must have looked a total fool, so to celebrate I had a beer at the stroke of midday, but wearing this tissue reminded me from when we went to the beach back in the mid 1950s, grandfather used to sit there with a knotted handkerchief on his head, he too had problems with the sun burning his head, I was always to afraid to ask why he did it, now I know why,

 one of the beach vendors made his way past, it must have been hot work for him with the sun directly over head,

 meanwhile Lyn,

 and Daisy May were making the most of the sea,

 but every so often running back,

 for a drink of coke,

 in the early afternoon we ordered a few snacks, some chicken,

 followed by,

some tempura prawns,

 and squid,

 a quick drink of coke then back to the sea,

 accompanied by Diana, 

 a little later some shakes for everyone,

 then a surprise for some one,

 a huge banana split,

 all for Daisy May,

 she could not believe it was all for her,

 and I could not believe that she ate it,

all of it, not a spoonful left! after another swim we made a move back to the hotel, but before that it was then that we discovered a flaw in Diana's cunning plan to protect my head from sunburn, the aloe vera and tissue she had so lovingly applied to the top of my red raw head, had now joined together as the moisture in the aloe vera evaporated to form a huge head sized sticking plaster, they all laughed so much as Diana removed it, I was in tears as well, here I will finish today's post until later this afternoon, we arrived back at the hotel and went out for a final meal, but I had a wine or two too many, so got as far as this then decided to call it a night, normal service will be resumed when later today we arrive back in Pattaya.


No comments: