Friday 29 May 2015

One Thing I Often Notice In Films,

is that most if not all bus shelters,


 have been vandalised in some way,

 but in some places these shelters are given new status,

by local authorities giving unknown artists the job of beautifying the landscape,

 these bus shelters are examples of this initiative in Belarus,


the pictures taken by photographer Alexandra Soldatova, the project titled "It Must Be Beautiful" is about decorating reality, Soldatova says, "In Belarus, my home country, people love when everything looks neat, clean and beautiful, I decided to search for origins of this fact, so I researched the environment where people normally live and I was looking for rather outstanding and at the same time very common things which could influence the esthetic feeling of a person." I hope this idea caches on elsewhere.


No comments: