Friday 24 August 2018

One Item Of Clothing,

always seems to have been with us, jeans,

and over the past few years I have noticed a trend where the youngsters pay for and wear old looking or distressed jeans, so this got me thinking, do jean manufactures give armies of people new jeans to wear for a few weeks then wash them and sell them? or are there dedicated machines that wear jeans to make them look old? well just yesterday I found out,

and here it is, a laser cutter, it was fascinating to watch, dreams of mine of rows of workers wearing the jeans for a few weeks to make them look worn vanished from my mind, but there is still one thing I do not understand, why on earth would a apparently normal, sane human beings pay to have a perfectly good new pair of jeans made to look like they are old, dirty and smelly and should be thrown away? but there it is, they do, and I still do not know why.


No comments: