Saturday 12 August 2023

It Was Diana's Day Off,

so we thought we would treat ourselves to a English breakfast, 


and as we had not used the car for a while take a drive,

to the Toby Carvery at Eden Park,

first a couple of poses, 

these things just have to be done,

inside the jugs of its namesake,

there was a queue of one,

me!

the choice was up to you,

and there was plenty to choose from,

Handmade Potato, Bacon, Cheese & Onion Hash
Free Range Fried Eggs (V)
Freshly Roasted Mushrooms (V)
Bacon
Hash Browns (V)
Breakfast Yorkshire Puddings
Plum Tomatoes (V)
Baked Beans (V)
Sausages
Breakfast Gravy (V)
Free Range Scrambled Egg (V)

Diana's choice included breakfast Yorkshire pudding, with lots of bacon bits inside,

the great news was that when finished,

you could go up and help yourself again!

eyes down and tuck in, the cost of the breakfast was £5.99 each, a bargain if there ever was one, although there was extra to pay for unlimited tea of coffee, naturally we both went back for seconds!

we then drove into and parked in Beckenham, where we had a look around the shops,

lots of refurbishments going on in the High Street, the first part of our shopping finished we stopped off for a coffee in Costa,

where Diana saw this chocolate money bank, just what she needed!

next over the road to Lidl, we had some food shopping to do, 

arriving home I found that Alan has now taken his Triumph Rocket III triple back from the garage, repaired with a new fuel pump, 2 new tyres and a MOT it is a big bike, a 2.3 litre engine, that is bigger than our Jaguar!

in the afternoon I was out again, I caught a number 54 bus,

to the local health centre, the Beckenham Beacon, I had received a letter asking me to call in for my bi-yearly diabetic eye test, so drops in my eyes and a wait to see the ophthalmologist, all seemed well but I was asked to make an appointment for a eye pressure test for glaucoma, so I will do that next week, my appointment was for 2.20, although I was a tad early, after the test everything had a slightly grey misty look about it, that will last for a few hours, I was soon on the bus home, I looked at my watch, 2.30 great time keeping by the hospital,

I was soon walking past a wisteria overgrown Foxgrove Lodge,

where a new plant had been added to the garden,

I have no idea what is is, 

the flower bed looking nice, behind it, 

a single rose, we watched some television, we both decided we were still to full from our breakfast for a evening meal, 

in the evening I was out again,

to the club to meet Steve,

not many in the tennis courts this evening,

I made my way past what was once the cricket pavilion,

to the club house,

where I bumped into Frank. after which Steve joined us,

Frank took the pose, 

Ta-Dah! we chatted the night away whilst the first football match of the season was playing, after saying our farewells I made a move for home, for a spiced rum nightcap as we watched a Have I Got More News For You before we were off to bed.


No comments: