Monday, 20 July 2026

Diana Unexpectedly Had To Go Into Work,

for myself a quiet day,


I just read the newspapers and a few other interesting articles on the web, then time for my Sunday read of Private Eye and a sherry, 

Diana had left me a meal to heat up, bangers, new potatoes with lots of butter, broccoli and lashings of fried onions, delicious!

'Cheers!', in the afternoon I watched a film, 

I Was Monty's Double, an amazing and almost unbelievable story of how a actor took the part of Field Marshal Montgomery in WWII and fooled the enemy into believing a major attack would take place, only for it to happen in another part of the war effort, and then by shear hapistance I noticed for the rest of the afternoon and all evening Midsomer Murders were playing back to back, so that was that! out with a new bottle of spiced rum, mid evening Diana arrived home from work, so a coffee and a chat as well as a new Midsomer Murder that just starting before we were off to bed.


No comments: