Saturday 18 May 2013

A Few Post Ago,

we put a few pictures taken underwater,


 by Hengki Koentjoro who decided,

to shoot his pictures in black and white,
 
well this got me thinking,

so I looked back at some of the pictures I took when I was SCUBA diving,

of course all of mine were in colour,

so I wanted to make them black & white to achieve a similar effect,

not that I am comparing my snaps with Hengki Koentjoro who is a professional,

but some of the results are quiet pleasing,

the process of changing from colour,

to black & white could not be simpler,

but this is important, make a copy of the picture first to work on,

just copy and paste,

I pasted mine on to the desktop,

 then right click on the picture,

scroll down to 'open with',

and click 'Microsoft office picture manager',

on the windows XP I have I then click 'picture',

 a box opens, then I click 'colour'.

under Hue and Saturation settings, type -100  in the Saturation settings text box, the minus - sign before the 100 must be put in, or move the slider all the way to the left,

then click save and the new black & white picture is all yours, but as I mentioned before, make a copy of the original to work on, only work on the copy, I hope some of the above was of some help if you want to give some of your colour pictures a make over, just as an aside, with the exception of the two pictures I am in with the video camera, I took all of the pictures in this post.


No comments: