Friday 17 May 2013

Imagine You Are An Artist,

in a air conditioned room painting your latest creation,


but the sinks for rinsing your brushes were in another non air conditioned area of the building, what to do? begin using your fingertips to apply the oil paint, that is what artist Iris Scott decided to do, with a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree from Washington State University in hand she decided that having tried finger painting it was the way to go, these are a couple of paintings from her Thailand collection, the one above titled My Thai Floating Market,


this one My Thai Tiger, the artist comments, 'before I became a finger-painter, washing brushes was never my strong point, but now changing colours is achieved in seconds! I simply wipe the paint off my fingertips against a coarse paper towel and grab the next colour', if you like the look of the ones above you can buy the originals here, and no I am not on commission!

No comments: