Saturday 4 May 2013

It Was A Sad Day Today,

the father of a friend of ours had died yesterday and today we were going to his funeral,


on our way back from temple I just had to take my camera out and photograph these two technicians hard at work,

I think I now know why my Internet and telephone connections sometimes fail!

after arriving home we got ourselves ready to go to the weekend night market on Thepprasit Road, the sunset looking towards Jomtien,

and looking inland with hardly a cloud in sight, also no bits of dirt or fluff on the lens,

opposite the bar tonight two stalls, one selling souvenirs, the other shoes and trainers,

 
just before the food stalls there was this figure raising donations for a local temple,

 
the food aisles quite crowded as usual,

and I guess we must have been quite early as the ice truck had only just started to unload,

 
not many shoppers in the pet aisle this evening,

the sunset looking towards Jomtien,

I had a quick look along some of the food stalls, all of these on sticks ready to be barbecued,

as I walked towards bar in the distance there were some ominous black rain clouds coming in from the sea,

beside the bar the awning was advertising what appear to be a forthcoming food fair,

just one customer at the bar this evening,

behind and just to the left of the bar there is a stall selling small pets but as an attraction they have a parrot which climbs across the cages used to keep puppies and kittens in,

at this stage I could not help thinking he was trying to work out how to get into one of the cages,

but I guess they must be parrot proof!

then a little bit of street theatre,

which turned out to be a group selling chewing gum,

when I had a close look at the signs they stated that the gum was extra professional, I wonder what happened to the normal amateur chewing gum?

this evening Brian called by so we shared a couple of beers before Diana and myself made a move for home, after our evening meal it was feet up where we enjoyed some more of the new cable network television that was installed just a day or so ago, we particularly liked the Crime and Investigation channel which has a series of programs featuring, well you guessed it, crimes and the subsequent investigation, in fact we watched them till just after midnight, then for us we were off to bed.


No comments: