Saturday 2 June 2018

For Many Years Now,

I have been taking vitamins,


I have always thought that somehow I do not get enough vitamins, so I have a daily vitamin tablet, but do I really need to take them? lets go back a few years, during World War II, a shocking number of army recruits were rejected due to malnutrition, Children of the Baby Boom were fed daily vitamin tablets to grow up big and strong, but the world is different now, we all need vitamins, but that doesn’t mean you need to take a vitamin, this week, science gave us another brick for the giant “vitamin pills are useless for most of us” theory, vitamin pills may be necessary if you have certain health conditions, but if you just have a vague sense that you’d like to be healthier, vitamins aren’t likely to help you, and they might hurt, a slightly worrying report a few years ago in a 2012 review concluded “[F]or the majority of the population, there is no overall benefit from taking [vitamin and mineral] supplements. Indeed, some studies have shown increased risk of cancers in relation to using certain vitamins.” so reading this Lifehacker article has seriously changed my out look as far as taking daily vitamin pill, am I doing myself more harm than good? I shall ponder that one over the weekend.


No comments: