Saturday 2 June 2018

We Had A Busy Day,

popping back to the house,


we noticed one of the cactus flowering,

and nice it was too, next stop the bank, to pay our MasterCard charge, then fill up with petrol for the motorbike,

then off to the 3BB office to cancel our Internet service fee, the condo has it already laid on, 

we could not go past Tesco Lotus without stopping for a Swensens,

well to be fair we did have to call in for a few things to buy,

so ice creams it was then,

Diana choose the special of the month,


I went with a milk shake, next stop the motorcycle testing station where we picked up the tax and government insurance for the Honda, and had the Kawasaki tested, I will pick the tax up for it next week,

back to the condo,

then out again to the weekend night market on Thepprasit Road,

but this time I started at the far end,

and walked towards the middle of it where I normally start,

so all of these stalls were new to me,

like this hat,

or 'T' shirt stall, there are a couple of Diana's favorites there!

as I continued,

one of the coconut juice sellers came by,

more'T' shirts,

then I came across this stall, selling dreamcatchers, 

I had seen them many times before,  

but it was not until I watched the film Dreamcatcher that I knew what they were for, the film is based on a Stephen King novel,

by now I had made my way to where I normally start at the market,

looking towards Jomtien, cloudy skies,

the same looking inland,


past the toy seller,

behind the bar this evening, one stall selling tops and one selling shoes,

some new steelworks had been completed,

and some of the concrete floor/roof has been removed from over the Monkey Shake stall,

I just love these fish flops,

some more of the safety barrier has been installed on the top of the steelworks,

the fruit stall,

with lots on display, some lychees for us to snack on during the week,

but we will give the durian a miss,

I walked down to the pet section,

where there were a few customers,

past the usual stalls,

and to almost the end of the row, the aquatic stall,

sunset over the market,

I made my way back to the bar, then to our new home,

for tonight a quick walk down to the beach,

and here we are, at Dongtan, 

we walked to Jomtien Beach Road, and headed into Hemingways

we had not been here before,

for our starter, a plate of onion bhajees with a mint dip,

'Cheers!',

 for our main course Diana choose the ribs,

 and there were lots of them, 

 for myself,

a sirloin steak,


out here steaks can be a bit hit or miss, but this one was fine, plenty of flavor and tender,

another 'Cheers!',

then a real treat,

a banana split,

it's mine, all mine! we shared it of course, the bill including a small carafe of wine came to just over 1,600 baht, what a lovely night out, and it was not over yet,

well I just had to have a pose! 

arriving home it was feet up for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, and with the end of that we were off to bed.


No comments: