Saturday 20 June 2009

Friday And We Did Absolutely Nothing!

for a complete change of pace we did not even leave the house,

but whilst pondering the approaching cutting off of our Truevision satellite channel system, (you may remember at 28,800 baht a year the service then decided to cut the one channel we watched the most BBCE), well we were watching COPS, a TV reality show which was one of the other programs that had not been cut that we both enjoyed and thought that we would miss, so I got to thinking if there was a DVD of the show, good news! the 3 DVD set above only $13.43, then even better news, a 2 DVD set the 20th anniversary was up for $17.49, one more I could not resist was, Cops, Hot Pursuit, only $5.88, the total was $36.80, at today's rate it is 1,260 baht, so I am still a few baht in over what I would have spent on Truevision, well not really as I have bought loads of DVD's in the UK, but even so I have still not spent the cost of the subscription (YET!),

but it is good fun choosing my own "Package" which brings me on to another small point, why is it that TV programme supply companies can not let you choose your package? I for one would save money on zero sports packaging, but spend more on science and Nat Geo, perhaps in other countries you can, but over here you can not, but give me a sports free package every time!

as an aside the baht rate to UK pound this morning according to XE Conversion was 1.00 GBP = 56.5715 THB, a little better than it was a month ago for us Brits.

No comments: