Monday 1 June 2009

Out To Buy A Deep Fat Fryer,

so it was off to Lotus, wrong! they do not sell them there, then along to Big C, wrong again, they do not sell them there either! but they did tempt me with some red wine to go with the fish and chips Diana was going to cook this evening, also the lady we spoke to in Big C said that they sell them next door at HomeWorks, and there they were, a medium sized one reduced to 2,950, just a few hundred baht more than the small one that had not been reduced, just a small problem, Diana said I should by a electric hair clipper set, so we can save money and she can cut my hair, plus I bought 12 batteries for the toy car that James plays with on Saturdays, along with the bottle of wine (which was 590, reduced to 280 baht) we were 400 baht short, so home to get some money to change, down to Pattaya and then back to HomeWorks! Phew! if you have not been to HomeWorks it dose as it's name suggest sell everything for the home and garden, on Sumkivit next to Big C near Pattaya Tai,
looking from HomeWorks to Big C, on both sides of the entrance to HomeWorks lots of stalls selling garden furniture, and even more bits and pieces for the garden,
the entrance itself,
on the way back from the money exchange we called in to see how the work was going on in Dang's bar,
we parked up at Dang's so I could have a quick walk back from Dang's to see how work was progressing on the new beer bars on Walking Street,
15 new bars beer, just what Pattaya needs!
then back to HomeWorks and then to 388,
as it says on the box "What's a home without a princess" well I am lucky, I have now got two, ah! sweet!
all washed and ready to go,
local fish on the left, Pangasius, I did not realise there are 5 different colours of the flesh of Pangasius, plus 2 or 3 different varieties that are farmed, imported cod on the right, which was 4 times the price of the local fish,
a UK chipper, it makes the large chips like in the UK I love so much,
I already had a 2 liter bottle of red wine, but thought as there was just the 2 of us and Diana does not drink much I would buy a bottle of Thai wine, all I can say is that it must be an acquired taste! Philip called round and just the smell put him off, Mr. Tony drank a glass of it but then refused another, the taste was extremely sweet and fruity, if in the UK you have ever eaten wine gums it was like a liquid wine gum, not at all like the wines I am used to, but if you like a very sweet wine this could be the one for you, I have looked on the net but so far I have not been able to find the companies web site,
on to the fish and chips, Diana made the batter using eggs, flour and ice water amongst other things, she has learnt it all from the Internet,
the table laid and ready to go,
"Cheers!" from both of us and a big "Well Done!" to Diana, it must be hard learning to cook, I know I would be totally lost in the kitchen, with green peas the meal was delicious, we both agreed that the local fish, Pangasius, tasted better than the imported cod, so in future we will stick with that,
and for desert huge lychee's, another one of my favorite fruits, well tomorrow Diana has threaten to cut my hair using the electric clippers, so stand by for a laugh tomorrow!

No comments: