Tuesday 20 October 2009

I Know A Lot Of Us Have Hobbies,

I have my train set, fishing and fish keeping to name a couple,

but I have never really worried about hobbies that my neighbour's have until I read this, Fifty-four-year-old William Maser decided to build a home made cannon at his Georges Township, Pennsylvania home in early September, well I sort of can relate to that, American Civil War buff that he is, a few of my friends in the UK dress up to reenact war games,

but the next bit is bit of a worry, Maser has admitted that he fired a homemade cannon outside his house, now I would have thought that to take it to a disused quarry would have been a better option, but who knows what he was thinking, the good news is that it worked and did not blow up, now the bad news, the cannonball, about 2 inches in diameter, ricocheted and hit the neighbour's home about 400 meters away, smashing through a window and a wall before landing in a closet, police say nobody was hurt, which is a relief,

Maser had originally been charged with the less serious counts of reckless endangerment, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct, however, on Thursday authorities added a more serious felony charge of discharging a firearm into an occupied structure, so for your own peace of mind prey your neighbour collects stamps for a hobby!

No comments: