Friday 11 June 2010

I Arrived Back Last Night,

so on with what I got up to in the UK, with lots of pictures, there will be 8 posts in all, I had so many pictures, so on to last Thursday when I flew, the new airport looks so nice compared to say Heathrow, the glass of the entrance has been covered with pictures of the King, I wish we in the UK held our monarchy in such high esteem,
inside one of the many floral displays,
with a small water feature,
going past the cosmetics I noticed this display,
a fish tank, the fish were cichlids from Lake Malawi known as mbunas, (rock dwellers),
then to one of the gift shops to buy some fresh orchids for Kai and Melina and chocolates for Duncan and Melina's children,
I at first thought these Monks were from Thailand but they did not have Thailand passports,
one of the nice things about the airport is that there are so many things like this wooden house to look at,
my plane a 777-300, I think is the number for it,
the evening meal with beer and wine is served, the food I have to admit with EVA so far in the past 12 or so years I have flown with them been remarkably good, on the down side for the airline, the plane was less than half full, if you were in the two seats near the window both seats were yours, I was in the center so I had four seats to myself,
I was amazed at the number of different beers that were on board,
every time I ordered one a different beer arrived,
they even had Heineken,
then this was the same as I started with,
by now we were making good speed, 604 miles an hour,
then back to Blighty as last, Steve and Kai very kindly picked me up at the airport, on the way back we popped into Miso, we were going to have a meal with a few friends later in the week so Steve, his wife Kai and myself thought we would try the local noodle bar in Beckenham, very nice it was too,
Kai is hungry!
a view of the restaurant from across the street,
then home, feet up on Steve's balcony for a vodka and soda nightcap, then off to bed, for tomorrow I have a busy day.

2 comments:

Iain (with two "i"s) said...

Love the selection of beers Stan
(Iain Geoffs friend)

PattayaStan said...

Dear Iain, I was so surprised to find so many, there was also one other one that I did not put on the blog as the picture was a bit blurred, best regards, Stan and Diana.