Tuesday 7 February 2012

If Only I Had Known,

I could have put in a bid for it,


it being a Ferrari 250 GTO which is is arguably the world’s most sought-after car, especially as there were only 39 models built between 1962 and 1964, for the technical it has a 3-litre V12 engine developing 300bhp - meaning a 0-60mph time of 6.1 seconds and reach a top speed of 174mph, price on the dealers forecourt when new was around the £6,000 mark, but they have gone up just a tad over the years,



British Ferrari fans Chris Evans and Nick Mason both own 250 GTOs with Evans paying £12 million for his Series II model in 2010, and the one above? it has become the most expensive car ever sold in Britain after it changed hands for £20.2 million, still not knowing about the sale saved me a trip to see my friendly bank manger and having my usual conversation with him,
me 'give me the money!'
him 'don't be a fool Stan, put the gun down!'.

No comments: