Tuesday 24 July 2012

First Thing Monday,

we were off to immigration,


 to apply for my multiple exit visa, then along to the Surf Kitchen on Jomtien Beach Road,

 it must be low season, there were just two table of dinners there this morning,

 including us and they left a few moments later, as you may have guessed spaghetti bolognese for Diana and a prawn cocktail for myself,

 a lizard made an appearance under the table,

 it looks like the same specie we see when we go fishing,

 on the way home we called in at the petrol station for some petrol, then on the same site a 7-11 for some eggs when I spotted this parrot on the back of a bike,

 at first I thought he was eating the whole what looked like runner bean, but he was not, he was carefully taking just the seeds and leaving the outer covering,

 Steve in the UK had very kindly told me that the Olympic torch was going to be filmed going through my old stomping ground, Beckenham, so I had a look on the Internet,
 the new torch being lit in Beckenham High Street,

 the white building at the rear of the photograph is the George Inn where we had a few drinks when Diana and myself were last in the UK,

 another change of torches,

 next past the Three Tuns public house,

 but I think it has changed its name now,

 past the Bricklayers Arms (sometimes known as Richards other office) which is on the war memorial roundabout,

then going past the white art nuvo Beckenham cinema on the right towards to Crystal Palace, for more about the cinema have a look here, for film history buffs the first film shown here in the 1930s was The Rogue Song, Russia, 1910. Yegor, a dashing (as well as singing) bandit leader meets Princess Vera at a mountain inn, they end up falling in love, but the relationship is shattered when Yegor kills Vera's brother, a sort of early West Side Story, I suppose I should also mention in my youth above the cinema there was the Regal Ballroom where I learnt to ballroom dance, fox trot, waltz, cha-cha, paso doble, you name it, I thought I was known as 'Stanley of the quicksilver feet' unfortunately I later found out it was 'he's the bloke that treads on your toes!' moving on, after the torch left Beckenham we watched our Monday new series latests installments, Kings of Restoration, Gold Rush, Pawn Stars and Pickers amongst others, then for us an early night, it was just after midnight and we were off to bed.

No comments: