Tuesday 6 November 2012

I Awoke Not Looking Forward To Today,

I had to drive our truck to Nissan for a repair,


it had developed a misfire, the thought of the misfire getting worse and the truck stopping dead on the Sumkivitt highway was not a pleasant thought, but off I went, all was well for the first few miles, I even thought I was going to look a bigger fool than normal when I arrived at Nissan and there would be no fault with the truck, but then the engine started to misfire, just one or two beats at first but as I neared the garage it was cutting out for a few seconds or more at a time,

 I limped into the garage, I had booked the truck in when the problem first started, sure enough there was my name on the service/repair board, so after explaining the problem into the waiting room and top up with complimentary coffee, tea and cakes,

 the Nissan dealership is on the Sumkivitt highway almost opposite the building that is painted in pastel colours,

 I zoomed in on it, Jil did tell me that you can look around it, but I must admit it is one of the many attractions here we have not yet been around,

after a few hours one of the service technicians arrived with the cause of the problem, I had already OK'd a charge of 480 baht to look for the fault, it appears this switch was the cause of the problem,

what it does I do not know, but what I do know is that after paying a total of 2,200 baht, (₤44.70  $71.40) including the 480 baht to look for the fault, our truck was now running as sweet as a nut, well done Nissan!

 late afternoon Nick and Maureen called round for a beer and a chat as they were in town shopping, after they left we ate our evening meal then the room lit up, for more than several seconds, I rushed outside camera in hand just in time to see yet another breaker break on the electric pylon next door,

 and this is it, the surprising thing is how bright these things are when they burn out,

the red you can see is the metal in it still glowing red hot, it took a bit of time for the camera to switch on, as I arrived molten metal was falling from the unit, I am just glad it is over next doors property,

 no ones power seemed to go out, but in half an hour or so the repair truck arrived,

 the new breaker in place and all was well,

 a little later the rain decided to really make sure all was well by having a downpour,

 luckily it stopped before the road flooded,

in the evening we watched Mississippi Burning, we had watched it before, this is what I wrote then, 'it was a harsh reminder of the intolerance that existed in the 1960's when 3 freedom teenagers were murdered in Mississippi, although a true story much of it was given over to making a bigger movie of the events, for instance in the movie hundreds of FBI agents arrived on the scene, in fact a total of just 11 were dispatched by J. E. Hoover, although bus loads of sailors were drafted in to search the swamps,

next we returned to Colditz, the story is building up of the people that were kept there, the reasons for many being brought there was that persistent escapees would be easier to control in what was at the time thought to be an escape proof castle on a hill,

we then caught up with the last episode in series 2 of Silent Witness, Friends Like These, a local misfit is the suspect for a brutal killing, the facts fit the person, but does the person fit the crime? after that we were off to bed.

No comments: