Thursday 6 December 2012

I Had Lots Of Things To Do Today,

so up early to begin,


firstly Diana had arrived safe and sound in the Philippines and was staying with her family, so on to today, I made a bit of a mess about starting, normally I switch on the computer, deactivate the burglar alarm, water the plants then open the windows, but today for some reason after switching on the computer I opened the window in the room where the computer is, the alarm went off and boy was it loud! I deactivated it to stop the noise, as I went outside I had a phone call, the alarm company wanted to know if it was a false alarm or a intruder was in the house, I gave them my code word to let them know all was well, as I started to water the plants everyone in the street that was awake had come outside to see what was happening, those that were asleep were by now awake as well, after all of that excitement next stop Big C,

 the one that was Carrefour in Central Road,

 it has a nice display outside,

 with some nice carvings on one of the stalls,

 and a couple of dragons made of wood, one of the reasons I went there is that the post office in Jomtien Soi 5 is closed for renovation, but there is a post office in Big C, I had some letters to post,

I had also planned to call into HomeWorks as our water purifier had spring a leak, but right by the post office was the very company I had bought the unit from many years ago,

also I noticed that the cartridges were a few hundred baht cheaper than HomeWorks so I asked how much to change the cartridges, service the pump to stop it leaking and replace the membrane, 4,300 baht was the answer including a 300 baht call out charge, (300 baht cheaper than HomeWorks as it happens),


and replacing the leaking pump with a brand new one, this is the leaky pump above, then came the special price, just 4,000 baht, deal done, hopefully they will call round tomorrow morning, next stop I called over to see Slim Jim and chatted away for some time, I forgot to mention that yesterday one of my teeth collapsed, so a trip to the dentist was on my 'to do' list for today, so after saying goodbye to Slim Jim I was on my way, but first I called into The Village to see a friend I had not seen in a long time,

after chatting away with him then saying goodbye I next parked in the friendship car park and bimbled across the road,

firstly calling into the Kodak shop, I had copied our passport information page and wanted to get them encapsulated in plastic, the old ones in my pocket had become a little dog eared to say the least,

 then to Doctor Chanis, there were a couple of people waiting but with nothing else to do I waited till he could fit me in, then I found out it was not one but two teeth that had broken, it seemed to take forever but eventually all was well and I was 1,200 baht lighter,


I called back into Kodak shop to pick up our passport copies, unfortunately the aquarium needed the front glass cleaned, but all of the occupants seemed to be in their prime, I also called into Friendship for a couple of sandwiches for tomorrows evening meal,

 back on the bike to the 3BB shop to pay for the months Internet bill, then home shower and change,

 no sooner had I finished than Mr. Tony called round, we were off,

 to Cherry's for their Wednesday International buffet,

 everything was decked out for Christmas,

 including a tree,

 I was going to start with some sushi but went with the prawns, smoked salmon and cooked meats instead,

 'Cheers!', from both of us,

 our starters,

 then on to our next course,

 there was so much to chose from,

 I almost did not know where to begin,

Mr. Tony went with the sole and spinach,

I eventually decided on the lobster soup,

 and nice it was too,

 on to our main courses, Mr. Tony decided on a beef dish,

 for me a selection of just three items,


 mashed potato, baked salmon and a slice of lamb,

we always have a long break between courses, but the desserts were calling,

 a raspberry delight and fruit tart for me,

and a fruit salad for Mr. Tony followed by a coffee or two, all for just 350 baht each, then home, we watched a couple of Kings of Restoration and Pickers, then after saying goodbye to Mr. Tony I was off to bed.

No comments: