Monday 15 April 2013

Although We Said We Would Not Be Going Out Because Of The Water Throwing,

we decided to go out for two reasons,


 firstly it was Sunday,

 so as we had not had Sunday lunch there for 3 weeks it was the turn of the Punch & Judy,

 the second reason for risking a soaking was that on the 14th it was my birthday, so a bit bubbly was called for,

 63 years old, OK I know I look older, but I had a hard life!

 the bottle had a child proof top,

 any second now,

 and pop, there it goes,

 the glasses empty,

 then full,

 'Cheers!',

our starters then arrived, chicken pate for Mr. Tony,

  a shared prawn cocktail for us,

 after a long break, we always take our time, our main course arrived, lamb hot pot for Mr. Tony,

 a trio of meats for Diana, lamb, chicken and beef,

and as I enjoyed them so much, lamb chops for me,

 cheers from all of us,

 we finished with a dessert,

 then home for another bottle of bubbly,

 you would have thought by now opening a bottle would have been easy,

 but it was putting up a bit of a fight,

 nearly there,

 any second now,

 then drinks all round,

 just as I had finished pouring, Diana disappeared into the kitchen,

 and came out with a real surprise,

 a birthday cake, I had no idea that she had been to Swensens to buy it or had smuggled it in to the house,

 well that was it, another bottle of bubbly had to be opened,

 trust me to shut my eyes just as the camera clicked,

 but first,

 time to blow out the candles,

 cut the cake,

 and open the bottle,

 the cake as you might expect was delicious,

 I was still amazed that Diana had bought the cake without me seeing it, such a nice thing to do,

 back to the problems of opening another bottle,

 but where theres a will theres a way, as it was late we said our goodbyes to Mr. Tony and settled down to watch another DVD,

from the excellent Silent Witness television series, for tonight Supernova, then as the it was late for us we were off to bed.


No comments: