Sunday 21 April 2013

When I Saw This Picture,

I was reminded of a song from some time ago,


it was by Ian Dury and the Blockheads, the title of the song and chorus line was 'what a waste', which was what I thought about when I saw this picture taken at the bottom of Benfield Street, in Heywood, near Manchester, a spokesman for Rochdale Council said: 'there is currently a large scale replacement of illuminated signage happening at the moment and inevitably there are short periods of time where signs are waiting to be connected or disconnected to electricity sources', I still stand by my original first thought about what a waste of money and time is taking place in and around Manchester by replacing the signs,


now here's a question I don't know the answer to, look at the picture above, which is the new sign and which is the old sign? given the choice would you remove the one at the front or the back? what a waste.

No comments: