Saturday 14 February 2015

Straight On To Today's Post,

as there are lots of pictures,


after I finish writing the blog, 6 mornings out of 7 I do a few exercises, 3 mornings upstairs and three mornings indoors alternately, 

so in the morning as I am taking a 3 minuet break between sets,

I was idly watching the construction of a building near by,

looking from my roof I guess the building is about 8 or so story's high,

I was thinking the crane operator must be pretty good as when the cement bucket is being used he can not in fact see where it is,

then I noticed something about the cement bucket,

there was a construction working sitting on the bucket!

I thought maybe at first the worker just want a quick lift down to the ground,

but no up he went,

still sitting on the bucket,

the crane driver manoeuvred the bucket into place,

then workers oversaw the spreading of the concrete,

 through a long plastic hose,

or in this case into a a piece of plastic pipe that the concrete flowed along,

 although he does not appear to be wearing a hard hat, I am sure he has the regulation health and safety flip-flops on! but in all seriousness, given my fear of heights I just can not imagine a figure with enough zeros on to make me do this operation on a daily basis and I have a pretty big imagination, maybe of course I am just being over cautious, as if you look carefully he is in fact sitting on a custom made seat, so I guess this must be the norm for this type of construction but still way to scary for me,

 after breakfast I dropped Diana off at the market,

 whilst I went for a look around TukCom for nothing in particular,

later in the afternoon we watched The Imitation Game, a stunningly good film, immensely enjoyable and for the most part true, highly recommended, well by me anyway,

then it was glad rags on,

 we were going to have a romantic pre Valentines meal,

 at the Hilton, 

 on their Friday night seafood bar-b-q,

at the Edge restaurant, Diana ordered a mango shake, I decided on the wine buffet,

 then a look to see what to start with,

plenty of seafood,

I made my way to the carvery,

 for this evening a choice of steak or lamb,

and of course in the distance, pizzas,

 huge amounts of seafood waiting to be bar-b-qued,

 there is a soup station where you can make your own soup,

 lots of condiments,

 next to the cheese,

 and cold cuts,

 a few more condiments for good measure,

 about this time I decided on another glass of bubbly, 

 Diana chose baked fish in banana leaves,

cold cuts and a piece of brie for myself,

 'Cheers!' from Diana, but she is holding a mini shrimp cocktail, which was decidedly tasty,

 Diana followed that with some pizza, 

 seafood for myself, I have to admit that in a piece of good fortune I must have had the same magical glass that I had last time we were here, every time I put down nearly empty, it filled up again!

 a choice of three types of salmon and a few prawns,

 for our next course, some more baked fish for Diana which she likes so much, a few rock lobsters and a chicken dish,

 vegetable tempura, beef stew and chicken in a wine sauce for myself,

 then the lure of the desserts,

 was to much for Diana,

 I am not sure what they are called but both were mango based,

 we both then had another few tit-bits like these, baked salmon, some more chicken in a wine sauce and some baked fish,

 now it was time for the desserts,

 and what a selection,

 it was almost endless,

 all beautifully laid out,

 it almost seems a shame,

 to cut into one of these, but it had to be done,

 Diana made her own dessert, there is a chef to help you out, but it is 'up to you' as to what fillings you use,

for myself a selection of cheeses from the cheese board,

 we always take our time over meals, I am not saying we were the last to leave, but it was pretty late, so as the waitresses had already left at the entrance to the Flare restaurant I had to have a pose,

 or two!

 a leaning post,

 it was as you most probably have guessed an excellent meal, if you are interested in dining here on a Friday for the buffet the bill came to about 3,500 baht, a tad more than we normally spend on a meal, but it was a special occasion, also I did choose the all you can drink wine option, well it seemed a shame not to, from memory the buffet was 990 baht plus service and VAT, we made our way to the lifts and caught a blue and yellow cab home, next feet up, a nightcap and we were off to bed.


No comments: