Sunday 23 November 2008

Another Full House At 388

all to soon Saturday came round again,
so it was over to Valentino's for Diana and myself to order the rolls from Foodland next door,
although I am not a fan of spaghetti, Diana just loves the spaghetti bolognese they make there,
for me three pieces of garlic bread,
this week Jeff very kindly supplied two bottles of Matthew Lang, which everyone that tried it pronounced it a success,
Jeff and Mr. Tony share a joke and try the wine,
Jeff and Big Jim,
the other Jeff and Keith, he hails from the Philippines and part owns the Kingston Lodge in Cagayan de Oro, sometimes Jil and Epril eat Sunday lunch there so it must be good!
Mark relaxes with his usual cup of tea and a smoke,
Booie and Mr. Tony who knows the way to the ladies hearts, he bought them all a few huge pots of Haagen-Dazs ice cream!
Jeff and Fay brought some delicious sausage rolls from The Bakers Oven, the girls also kept us supplied with bar-b-qued chicken,
and steamed mussels, many thanks to everybody for helping out on the catering front!
from left to right, Pricil, Diana, Pigo, Riza, Honey Mae, Fe, Pacita and Da,
the other Jeff brought a bottle of Lakeville, but it was voted second to the Matthew Lang,
and as a grand finale I broke my tooth on another roll, two Saturdays running, must be a record! another good time was had by all, strangly enough the the American elections was discuussed a bit, but then the mood lighten up and it was back to listerning to amusing things that had happened during the week and telling jokes, as an example,
Two men are out just fishing quietly and drinking beer.
Almost silently, so as not to scare the fish, Bob says,
'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife. She hasn't spoken to me in over 2 months.'
Earl continues slowly sipping his beer then thoughtfully says,
'You better think it over, Bob. Women like that are hard to find.'
"Cheers!"

1 comment:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Hi Stan.

Great to see everybody. Especially Go. I'm so glad she is still friends with folks there. She is by far the nicest Thai person I met.

Keep the tooth the way it is. It adds character.