Thursday 6 November 2008

I just love steam trains,

so when I saw this I could hardly believe my eyes! this is a 4-6-2 Tornado Pacific mainline express locomotive, but here is the great part, this is the first full sized engine that has been built in the UK since 1960, it took 14 years to build by a group of engineers called the The A1 Steam Locomotive Trust. My first recollections of steam trains was about 1955, my father would always catch the same train home and most times would have a chat with the driver and fireman, well this day I was allowed on the footplate, that was it! I wanted, as many young boys did in those days, to become a steam engine driver, alas by the time I left school steam trains were nothing more than a fond memory. To read more of this wonderful achievement click here.

No comments: