Tuesday 7 July 2009

How To Drop The Ball,

when playing cricket, before I start I will say I am not a sports buff, but when England play Australia, I would have thought the game would be played in one of those two countries, not so! the match is going to be played in Wales, and to put a final spin on the match the Welsh national anthem will be sung before the game, this means that not a single player will be able to sing! none of the current English squad was born and bred in Wales, and only batsman Alastair Cook - whose mother comes from Swansea - has any close Welsh ancestry, for me this is totally bizarre, a England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB), said 'they're angry about the first test being played in Cardiff and feel that they're losing the advantage, a lot of the players wanted it to be played at Lord's or the Oval.' the thought being that the Welsh would then get behind England, but I hate to say it, but I would have thought the Welsh would have backed Australia!

No comments: