Wednesday 29 July 2009

Tuesday And It Was Off To The Market,

we had a little shopping to do, a birthday present for Nick and a new belt for me, this is the view of the market entrance from the car park at Friendship, we park the bike there then go to the market and then come back to do our food shopping in Friendship, we normally park a bit further away, but the boys in brown were not there today, so no voluntary contributions, as you go into the market your sense of smell works overtime! either side of the passage way there are small tables with more types of food than you can imagine and the smells, well the less said about them the better!
lots of hair products, and for me a belt, well 2 at 99 baht each, genuine copies, well what do you expect at 99 baht?
plenty of fresh vegetables,
a local aquarist helps herself to the fish of her choice,
I have seen many of these plants but never one in flower, just wish I knew what it was called, I am pretty sure it was not a Bromeliad, the members of this plant family are known as Bromeliaceae, the family contains over 3000 described species in approximately 56 genera, but I do not think this was one of them,
and of course lots of orchids,
I went to the corner cafe we went to last time,
the ladies were making these soft dumplings,
just mix the ingredients and they use a cone shaped funnel to make them,
the coffee here is strong so I had a ice coffee, the other nice thing here is that bit is at a cross roads, so many vendors walk past,
mission successful shopping all done!
"Ah!"
Jay phoned to say he was outside 388 with Precil, so it was home in double quick time!
Diana and Precil kept us supplied with tea and cola, meanwhile Mark and Anchisa called in for a cup of tea and a chat,
then before I knew it Jay had beaten me at cribbage, oh the shame! beaten by 3 games, if there is one thing I dislike more than a bad loser it is a bad winner! (joking) I know I will be ribbed about this in the weeks to came, just wait till he tells Mike and Riza, (I bet he already has!), by now it was getting late so it was time for our evening meal and watch a few DVD's first up was Night Of The Demon 1957, very scary but left behind now in the special effects department, then a History channel DVD, Ultimate Crimes - Headline Murders, not to gruesome, Diana likes this sort of thing, now there's a worry! we have got 6 or 7 of these Ultimate Crimes, so we will be watching a few more over the coming months,
then on to a sit-com favorite of mine from many years ago, "I Didn't Know You Cared" British humour at it's dry best from 1975 to 1979, Uncle Mort, a man who says it like he sees it, he, in the first episode, oh boy is this so politically incorrect! compared ladies to greyhounds, "the ladies do have one advantage over greyhounds - they don't run after motorbikes!" I have bought all 4 series, so a few to watch every week, strangely enough although the accents were from the north of England Diana did chuckle a few times, then at 2 in the morning off to bed!

No comments: