Saturday 7 November 2009

I Had A Quite Day Today,

first thing I called Diana, she had her passport and visa and was on her way home, so I wrapped up her presents ready for her return, also I called into that death trap otherwise known as the kitchen to do the washing up and get everything tidy, so fill bowl with water, add washing up liquid, lean forward to wash the dishes and smack head on the cabinet over the sink, when the pain had stopped I played around a bit on the computer, Mark called in for a cup of tea then I watched Troy great fight sequences, special effects, what more can I say? a really enjoyable movie, Diana arrived home earlier than expected, about 7.30, she had bought a few things at the duty free shop in Lao, the taxi was stopped once on the way up, just a routine check and held up once on the way back, 200 baht was required, naturally the driver paid,
but if she was tired she did not show it, straight to her presents,
two new dresses,
we decided to go to the White Night restaurant in Soi VC, they do a really nice buffet, but as it was by now nearly 8 in the evening I was worried that we would not get a table, by 7.30 - 8.00 it is normally packed, so imagine our surprise when we got there and no one was eating!, not a single customer, the reason? the owners had stopped the hugely successful buffet and turned it into a 'normal' a la carte restaurant, so from being full to bursting every night to totally empty, I guess the owners were not making money but it was such good value for money I am surprised that the owners did not stay as they were and put the price up a little, but they know best I guess, so on to the fall back plan, the Gossip restaurant near the Dot Com building,
Diana had a milk shake,
for me a glass of red wine or two,
then on to the main courses, beef and vegetables in oyster sauce for Diana,
a huge vinner schnitzel for me, it came complete with chips, garlic bread, coleslaw, onions mushroom and bacon and only 139 baht!
"Cheers!" from both of us,
it may not look a lot in the picture, but I could not eat it all, also if you are a beer drinker, draft beer is available here,119 baht a liter, the meal including the carafe of wine was 980 baht,
when we arrived back home it was time for Diana to try on her new dresses, first the short one,
then the longer one,
we then settled down to watch the last DVD in the third series of New Tricks, Diana really loves this series, at times it is so funny, but it still entertains as old long dead cases are reexamined, then all to soon of to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you like Schnitzel, Stan. Like myself - I really enjoy this dish.

I know it is German, and we don't really get this dish in the UK, but I love Schnitzel, Coleslaw and Mushroom sauce. Also, Pork Knuckle and Mashed potato is another German dish I have enjoyed in Thailand.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, just out of interest you cam also order pork knuckle in the Bier kitchen we go into on Wednesdays, best regards, Stan and Diana.