Sunday 31 January 2010

Many Years Ago I Remember Taking My Driving Test,

the first question I was asked as we left the test center was 'can you tell me the number of that car?'

eye test you see, well it appears that being able to see in the Lib Dem-controlled Portsmouth City Council's is no longer an option, the application form for a taxi driver licence is available in Braille, to help the blind or partially sighted to get a job, did I mention the form can also be downloaded in an audio format?

the decision and cost to make the form available in Braille was defended by head of customer services Louise Wilders, "The form is also for employers to fill in - they could need a Braille version,"

then a better reason, "obviously, a taxi driver would not need the Braille version, but they might find a foreign language version helpful," well I can see that one working, a foreign taxi driver who can not read English picking up some one that can not speak! I have to say it, any one that needs a form in Braille to fill in should not be driving at all, but then I am not in Portsmouth City Council.

No comments: