Sunday 29 January 2012

Our Next Door Neighbours Guard Dog Has Arrived,

it looks kind of cute,


 I guess it is still quiet young as it seems to spend most of its time asleep,

also I have a feeling it is deaf in one ear, a couple of times I have called it, (I have named it Jake as I could not remember it's Thai name and I only know one Jake and that is a Thackary), it looks up, knowing some one is calling it, but has to do a 360 degree look around to see where the sound is coming from, so I just hope it's good ear holds up, a deaf guard dog I guess is not the way to go, the other strange thing is that it does not bark, I wonder if it is dumb as well?

Mr. Tony called round for a chat and a few cups of coffee, then I spent a couple of hours playing with some of my stamps, I had purchased a set of 1935 Victory stamps for a snip on E-Bay so I had to put them in one of my albums, there are some for sale here, most are reasonably priced, but if you want to collect the whole issue there are 164 stamps to collect,

these from the Falklands are typical,

 but some countries had their own design like these from India,

or these from Hong Kong,

 Mark later called round as did Mike and Riza along with her cousin Sally,

 next stop the market, the skies looked like they were filled with rain,

and for Mahendra, Sunda and Jay they were as it poured down when they were playing golf near Laem Chabang, luckily they had just made it to the club house before the hour long downpour started,

 back to shopping, we needed some chicken for this evening,

 as soon as our evening meal was finished it was for me a shower and a change as I made my way into town, to meet up with the gang,

Walking Street was not as crowded as I thought it would be,

we meet up at 8.30 and made our way through town, stopping every now and then for liquid refreshments at from memory, 

   Lollipop, The Cavern and Living Dolls to name a few,
  
 great signs,

 it must have cost a fortune to make these seafood ones,

the Lobster Pot is still here, I still remember it from nearly 30 years ago on my first trip here, back then there were still fishermen living in some of their houses built over the water, all now bars, restaurants, jewellers and tailors,

we were of course heading for Roxy's to see Grieg, who was delighted to see us all, making us more than welcome, many thanks Grieg,

then our next and final stop, Champions,

just make sure you do not get run over by the police, this buggy is so quiet it is easy to walk into its path, but back to Champions, Juu was there along with Brian, we also bumped into Chris and Gordan, a splendid evening was had by all, then home to 388 and off to bed.

No comments: