Tuesday 19 January 2016

Day 1

on my way to the airport,


I made my way past the office of Jack Levy, where I buy my insurance for the house, truck, bikes and BUPA,

now on the Sukhumvit Road going past the Muay Thai stadium,


then the motorway to Bangkok,

arriving at the Majestic Grande

which is in 12 Sukhumvit Soi 2, Klong Toei,


into the foyer,

where I had a look around,

as booking in formalities were completed,

up to the room,

and nice it was too,

as was the bathroom,

the view was was nice,

if somewhat terrifying,

if you have a fear of heights,

back downstairs and out,

for a walk,

to the main road,

well I just had to take a picture of a Bangkok tuk-tuk,

I made my way along Sukhumvit,

taking pictures as I went,

until I reached Bully's,

a British theme,

pub and restaurant,

great service, I asked for a larger and lime, the waitress not knowing what lime to bring brought me a sliced lime and a small glass of both juice and cordial,

it was so nice I had to have another as I waited for my chilli con carne to arrive,

the bar is large, with 3 pool tables at the far end,

and has a fine selection of imported and local beers,

breakfast/lunch over back to the hotel,

 to meet up with Steve and Kai,

for our evening meal we walked to another hotel, the Marriott,

as we did so an electric golf cart silently passed us by,

it was just a short walk,

into the foyer,

to admire the floral decorations,

there was also a small bar to serve drinks for guests,

into the restaurant,

I had a quick look round,

at some of the dishes,

a nice selection of cheese,

and desserts,

but before those back to the main courses,

as you might guess as it is a seafood buffet lots of seafood,

and of course so many other tasty morsels to chose from,

and accompaniments,

this was a real treat, Alaskan king crab,

Steve and Kai now relaxed after their journey to Bangkok,

my starter, well I just had to try the king crab,

on to our second starters,

and more crab, it was so delicious,

main courses,

one for the album,

a selection of desserts,

and we were off,

going through the foyer,

and passing the gift shop,

and a tuk-tuk,

the water feature I passed earlier now illuminated,

we were going to Bully's,

for a nightcap,

a beer for Steve,

then back to the hotel,

passing some other hotels and bars on the way,

arriving back to the Grande, it was then time for bed.


1 comment:

Karl said...

Hi Stanley, the lobby at Majestic Grande is exactly the place where I managed to scare my wife. Think the staff there still remembers her shouting. This hotel has been my homebase in Bangkok for many years, I can only recommend it. We followed your trip on several Facebook accounts and like to wish you again all the best and many happy years to come. Greetings from Karl and Mary Ann