Friday 21 October 2016

At First Glance,

it is a tad difficult to know what this is,


 but if you can read the writing on the side of it you can see it is a limited edition of 99,

 it come with a very futuristic stand, 

 it is of course a pen, but no ordinary pen, this is by MB&F founder Maximilian Büsser’s whose childhood dream of exploring space resulted in this pen, the company teamed up with Swiss premium writing tool company Maison Caran d’Ache to create a limited-edition fountain pen that’s shaped like a rocket ship and comes in a launch pad box,

the Astrograph fountain pen is reportedly the most complex writing tool ever designed in the Caran d’Ache workshops, the companies involved in the project said that it was a massive technical challenge that required four years to develop the concept, plus an extra 12 months to come up with a functional final version, it contains no less than 99 innovative components created specifically for its design, and every unit requires over 500 manual operations to manufacture, in honour of the 99 components used to make the Astrograph, only 99 pieces will be released, I would like to think that my writing would improve with such a fine piece of craftsmanship, but alas my writing is so bad even I have trouble reading it! which is a shame, but at just over £16,000 or put another way a tad under $20,000 I think I will keep to Biro's, but to really improve my hand writing I would need one of these, 

Aurora Diamante fountain pen,  Aurora Pens is an Italian pen manufacturing company that was established in 1919, the company is known for making highly-premium pens using precious metals and gems like gold, platinum and diamonds, the Aurora Diamante is made with 24 karat gold and DeBeers diamonds, the total weight of diamonds used in the pen is more than 30 karats, with embedded De Beers's diamonds, the barrel of the pen is made of solid platinum, the pen also has rhodium treated 18 KT solid gold nib, I missed out on it though, the company only sells one a year, and I missed it last week, also I did not have $1.47 million, in my back pocket, so that was that.


No comments: