Tuesday 11 October 2016

I Do Not Believe It,

the Golden Spurtal,


is crossing the Atlantic! since the mid 1990s the world championship for the Golden Spurtal has been held the Scottish Highlands village of Carrbridge, in Badenoch and Strathspey, Scotland, contestants fly in from around the world competing for this much coveted trophy, the Golden Spurtle and title of World Porridge Making Champion’, which this year was won by 87-year-old American Bob Moore, from Portland, Oregon, contestants are judged on their ability to make the best traditional porridge using only the three base ingredients of oatmeal, salt and water, Mr Moore, who ran a wholegrain food business before gifting the entire company to his 400 employees on his 80th birthday, said: "I couldn't believe it when my name was announced, it is so meaningful to me to win the Golden Spurtle, I've devoted my life to eating and producing good wholegrain food and this really has made me so happy’, well done to Bob for showing Scotland and the world how to make perfect porridge, organiser Margarete Paschke said: 'After 23 years, the Golden Spurtle continues to inspire porridge makers from across the world, it really has been a fantastic day, the pinnacle of a great weekend in Carrbridge, which celebrates one of Scotland's favourite national dishes with cooking, music and Scottish hospitality’, so next year I guess the competition will be fiercer still, will the Golden Spurtle return to America or will a contestant from another country win the converted prize?


No comments: