Tuesday 11 October 2016

When In Connection With Works Of Art The Word Masterpiece Is Used,

I immediately think of painted ceilings or walls,


 or huge canvases, but here are for myself some masterpieces that are so small they could be hidden in a stack of postcards,

 they are the incredibly detailed work of Michigan artist Taylor Mazer, who looks at side streets and alleyways for inspiration in this series of pen and ink drawings,

 he works with fine Micron pens,

and uses the pens to their intricate fullest,

 painstakingly drawing each brick and piece of pavement,

and somehow giving each picture a sense of foreboding, what a talented artist indeed, he works as a freelance illustrator and artist and is currently adjunct faculty at Kendall College of Art and Design in Grand Rapids, You can see more of his work on Behance or Instagram, and many of his original drawings are available in his shop, and no I am not on commission, I just wish I had some of his talent.


No comments: