Monday 17 October 2016

This Chinese Imperial Musket,

is the first one ever to be sold with,


 an imperial reign mark that has been offered for auction,

 this musket was manufactured in the 18th century, 

specially produced for Qianlong Emperor (1711-1799) in the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911),

it is decorated in gold and silver, and inscribed with Chinese characters meaning "supreme grade, number one" on its barrel, the auction will be in November at Sotheby's in London, I have to admit I am not a gun person, but this is not only a gun bit a work of art in it's own right, would I like it? well not not really, as I mentioned I am not a gun person but I am sure a lot of people out there would love this beauty, but the thought of lugging the estimated price of 1.5 million pounds (about 1.85 million USD) to the auction is a bit of a trial, in case you are wondering £1.5 million using £50 notes would weigh 33 kilograms.


No comments: