Thursday 8 September 2022

Diana Had Already Left For Work,

as I made my way through the park,


a nice bright day,

although a tad cloudy, 

I was soon on the number 54 bus on my way to visit Duncan, passing Peter Pan's pool, not a bird in sight, except on the island,

a solitary heron,

no need for this sign today,

at the far end of the pool just a couple of ducks and moorhens,

a short stop at the garage to change drivers,

although actually in Catford, Lewisham Town Hall is having a facelift,

Lewisham market,

in full swing,

bargains galore!

looking at the florists next door to the station,

this week,

it appears that cyclamen, 

and begonias are the plants of the week,

I well missed the 09.33!

so the 09.48 it was then, changing at Dartford,

the fountain putting on a good show at the pool next to Dartford station,

arriving at Gravesend the weather took a turn for the worse,

but after the bus ride to the nursing home walking up the hill,

the day changed dramatically, blue skies as I passed the apple tree,

still a good crop of apples, 

as I made my way into the nursing home to visit Duncan, we chatted away for a couple of hours, reminiscing about evenings we had at The White Horse pub in Rainham, that we visited before I moved to Thailand, locally the pub is affectionally known as the Nodding Donkey, even in those days the owner had CCTV cameras everywhere as it sometimes became a bit lively, for instance one day he shut the carpark to have a wedding reception for one of the locals, it somehow descended into a brawl, and we laughed remembering about the infamous cling film 'incident', after saying my goodbyes, 

it was past the apple tree,

I mentioned there was still lots of fruit on the tree, but in truth they were a tad bitter to say the least,

after the bus ride into Gravesend station where by sheer happenstance my train was waiting, and it connected with the train to Blackheath without a long wait,

in Blackheath, over the road to the 54 bus stop, a bit of drama I guess somewhere in the village,

looking across to the florists next to the station,

I was soon on my way past the building that is being refurbished, the completion of which has taken so long,

at the Downham entrance to the park, notice of an event, which means that for a week before and a week after there is major disruption in and a round the park, 

the event means that like previous years all residents in the park have two choices, either go out on Saturday and Sunday evenings, or with all windows closed turn up the volume on the television to unhealthy levels to hear the program you want to watch, the event has this year increased the ticket sales by another 5,000 from last year, I just hope that Lewisham council has increased the toilet facilities from the woefully inadequate number of portaloos from last year, many residents last year complained to the council, with supporting videos, of event goers literally using their gardens as a public connivance,

the bus passed the Foxgrove Lodge entrance to the park, where it stopped,

and I made my way into the park, as it happened I made it home in record time, Diana arrived shortly after myself, 

it was soon time for a read and sherry,

for tonight Diana had made a chicken curry, which was delicious,

'Cheers!',

after our meal a couple of fortune cookies,

and here are our fortunes,

for dessert a cream caramel topped crumble, with plums and strawberries, it was just so nice,

eyes down and tuck in, tonight we listened to Chet Baker, the reason being his music was featured in a Midsomer Murder last night, as it happens I have several of his CDs, these from a post I made about him back in November 2021,

all of the CDs I have of Chet,

 I have actually copied them to my mobile telephone,

 they are all by Chet Baker,

 not to everyone's taste,

 but I like his music and vocals,

 if you like his music have a look at Chet Baker, AKA the "prince of cool", if you have time click onto the link where you can listen to a few of his songs, so nice to listen to, from the article,

"Three decades after his death, the world’s fascination with Chet Baker is as strong as ever. When he was at his best, the music he made with his horn was pure poetry, and that’s why it continues to resonate with listeners, both young and old, today"

am amazing musician, and what a sad ending to his career, we then decided to watch a film,


I Came By, it was dire, after 10 minuets or so Diana said it was awful, but I gave it the benefit of doubt by saying 'another few minutes and it will be OK' after the forth time of Diana saying how bad it was I had to agree with her, I would have preferred being bitten by a glia monster, twice, than watch I Came By, so next a real gem, a not very well known film starring Clint Eastwood, 


Joe Kidd, a movie in a similar vein to other westerns of the era he has made, after which there was time for a New Tricks before we were off to bed.


No comments: