Saturday 5 May 2018

It Appears That Puritans,

have taken over Canada's Nova Scotia Department of Transportation,


Mr. Grabher has been told that his family name is offensive, and has revoked the personalised number plate even though the GRABHER plate was registered in 1991, as a gift to his father and a way to honor their German last name, His father passed away during the 1990s and the plate had remained in the family ever since, the Department of Transportation had apparently received complaints from “some individuals” who considered the plate “misogynistic and promoting violence against women”, yes that is correct, for 25 years it was deemed not offensive!

which spells bad news for Mr. Grabher, as he states, “I guess now I’m going to have to take my name out of the phone book because a person’s been offended by it,” Grabher said, “I also guess my wife has to change the name of her consulting company, Grabher’s Consulting, that has to be taken away? I guess I’m going to have to change my birth certificate.” a life changing decision by the Department of Transportation, “I was taken aback, how can you say my name is a slogan when it is not?” Grabher told CBC News, last year, “Where does the province of Nova Scotia and the government of Nova Scotia get the right to discriminate against a person’s name? I’ve never once had anybody come up to me and say they were offended,” Grabher added, “They would look at it and say, ‘Am I reading this right?’ And I would go, ‘Yes.’ And they would go, ‘Is this your last name?’ And I would go, ‘Yes.’ And they would always just give a little chuckle.” Interestingly, Troy Grabher, Lorne’s son, also has “GRABHER” license plates, only they are registered in Alberta, and the Department of Transportation here has not revoked them, what a pathetic response from the puritans at the Department of Transportation, a case of someone with way too much time on their hands, and who exactly complained?


No comments: