Thursday 10 August 2023

As Soon As I Posted The Blog,

I was out on my way to visit Duncan,


it was a glorious warm still day,

the bus was busy,

by one of the bus stops, 

a conker tree, (Aesculus hippocastanum), was bearing fruit, 

past Peter Pan's Pool,

and The Watch House, the plants growing nicely, 

Lewisham market open for business,

but I was a bit early for the florists next to the station,

down on the platform good news, the 09.31 to Gravesend was running today, so no changing trains at Dartford, 

on the other platform one of the commuter trains to London pulls in,

arriving at Gravesend not too long to wait for the 483,

above the station clear blue skies,

and for today a diversion as the normal route is closed, the 483 arrived and promptly stopped, broken down until a engineer arrived with a can of water,

a warning light had come on in the cab, luckily a 489 was following, so many passengers caught that,
 
off of the bus and up the hill,

to the nursing home where Duncan lives,

clear blue skies still here, 

we chatted away, I told Duncan of some of the things that Diana and myself had been to during the past week, Duncan then remembered a time we first visited Thailand, we reminisced over so many of the times we had there until his lunch arrived, after saying our goodbyes I made a move by bus to Gravesend, 

I made a quick walk into town, I had a cheque to pay into my account and I wanted to pick up a Indian meal to warm up for myself this evening as Diana was on late shit,

into the station and a short wait for the 13.34, 

and I was an hour or so later looking at the plants outside the florists at Blackheath, 

I like these moss rose as they are called, (portulaca), 

on to the number 54 bus, the building work on the clock tower of this building never seems to be finished,

going past Lewisham hospital, the sunflower beds now well past their best,

the bee garden at the Green Man complex, 

seems to have picked up a tad after the last rain,

but the ones over the bus shelters looking rather dry,

this one of the better ones, at a previous stop all of the plants had died,

I was soon at Foxgrove Lodge, 

and into the park, Diana was already at work,

 so for myself in the evening a read and a sherry,

a 'Cheers!', before my starter,

a mix of Indian dishes,

followed by a lamb rogan josh with pilau rice,

eyes down and tuck in, 

after a Aussie Gold Hunters and a Antiques Road Trip for my evening film, Master and Commander, an old favourite that we had watched before, it was one of those films that I just wish they would make a sequel to, the story for the film is taken from a nautical historical novel by the English author Patrick O'Brian, first published in 1969 in the US and 1970 in UK, the book proved to be the start of the 20-novel Aubrey-Maturin series, set largely in the era of the Napoleonic Wars, that O'Brian continued working on up until his death in 2000, so there are plenty of stories in the other 19 books that could be used to continue the exploits of Captain Jack Aubrey, although a few of the books had been combined to make the film, but there it is, I guess it did not appeal to enough viewers to warrant a second film, after which Diana arrived home so feet up for a coffee and a Midsomer Murder before we were off to bed.


No comments: